© MAXI ADRIAN | PHOTOGRAPHER

shifting now to http://maxiadrian.wordpress.com feel free to visit my new blog.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

"MILENYO STRIKES MANILENYO"

September 28, 2006

Manila was under "Signal Number 3" as typhoon "Milenyo" (international name: Xangsane) fast approached the city. I didn't know how strong the winds are until I woke up late in the evening to found out that our place is battered. Electricity is down so we are using back-up lampshades and candles. I was hoping that I will be able to go to work. I have a feeling that commuting will not be easy. And so it be. Jeepney's are very scarce but I was fortunate enough to ride one. Trains are suspended so I depend on the jeepney route. Streets are very dark. I can't see a thing. I need to use my cellphone's flashlight while walking my way in Recto.

At work, most of us didn't go home the morning before the typhoon. And also, some didn't manage to leave the premise while the typhoon is annihilating the streets of Metro. But, life goes on for us working in a call center. We are supporting american clients so they don't care if we are being strucked by a calamity.

Well, i don't have any news about the aftermath but the next day. I went home and decided to leave early. I have a feeling that i will experience the heaviest traffic up to date. And I am not mistaken. I left our house in Las Piñas at 2:00pm. and I arrived at work 7:00pm. Imagine those 5 hours wasted? One of the reasons are captured my camera (I was able to bring my cam on that time).




I was riding in a bus at that time and i noticed a giant billboard was above a passenger bus. The strong winds brought the mountain down. Whew!, I can see destruction everywhere. Trees down, billboards down, tarpauline flown away, building cements cracked, rooftops removed and even houses buried. I would like to pray for those who have been majorly affected and thank God that me and my family is safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home