© MAXI ADRIAN | PHOTOGRAPHER

shifting now to http://maxiadrian.wordpress.com feel free to visit my new blog.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

PiPHO 1ST YEAR ANNIVERSARY @ KAPITAN MOYS

July 02, 2006

I just went home from our company's outing and here I go again, ready to lock & load! I arrived on our home @ around 9am and prepare my camera, accesories and tripod (also charged the batteries) for this day is the anniversary of PiPHO, Pinoy Photography Organization. According to it's moderators, there will be a lot of model shoots and exciting prizes. "Model shoots....", this is my favorite subject to shoot. I love Glamour, Fashion and Portrait photography that's why I should never miss this one. I woke up @ around 12:30pm. A little bit late, because I was supposed to meet one of my friends in PiPHO @ Macapagal Avenue. I hurriedly take a quick lunch, a quick bath and dress up a simple outfit. I prefer wearing maong shorts and also bringi 2 t-shirts because I sweat a lot!. It was almost 1:00 when I left the house. Manny Pacquiao's fight delayed me for a couple of minutes. But I had to be fast and quick, someone is waiting for me. My friend text me and he said that he is on Macapagal Ave already. Our meeting time is 1:30pm. I told him that I'm on my way and will probably be 15 min. late. He texted back and told me that he was going to go. (I think he can't wait that long). Good thing, Dave text me that he was also there in Mac. Ave. (Dave is also a member of PiPHO) so we both travel to Kapitan Moys in Marikina. We came at the venue @ around 3:30. Not bad since the starting time is 3:00. And they just got started. First part of the program was the introduction part. The announcer (i forgot the name), was funny and can always find a way of teasing our nicknames. As I looked around the place, everything was properly arranged. We have their a mini studio, a buffet and a good lighting. We can shoot everywhere in the place!. After a long discussion about the history of the group, plans etc. Tekgik (moderator) announced that after our early dinner, we should prepare our cameras since the models are already prepared. The food was fine. I ate lunch before coming here that's why Im not that hungry.

Now it's the time for the shoot. I think there are nine models. Let me think about ther names... hmm... It's Grace, MJ, Chelsea..uh oh, since this blog is already late from the actual event I forgot the other models names hahaha. Well, since we have plenty of models to choose from we divided ourselves into 5 and we are going to choose on model. And after 15 minutes, we shift models with a different one. I took a lot of pictures but my memory card can still accomodate a handful of shots after the shoot. It was almost 8:00pm when we decided to go home. We got to know the models and ask questions about contracts, parents approval and their plans to pursue their career. I also did observe my other groupmates on how they are taking shots of the models. Almost all of them are using DSLR. I was given the opportunity to take a shot using DSLR so I didn't waste it =) and to make it more exciting, the lenses that i used is of top class VR lens by Nikon!. Well so much for that, I really enjoyed the day and I was really tired at that time. When I got home, I change clothes, transferred my shots to my PC and then sleep..... sleep.... sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home